Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Long time no post!

Ok, yeah, I haven't gotten to a computer long enough to write out a post so I've got some catching up to do. I got to uni today nice and early (though I only got a parking space in the fartherest possible place) and just found out that my lecture has been cancelled. Uh huh. So I've managed to snag a computer at our busiest library to update myself with what's going on with the rest of the world. Oh and also to tell all what I've been up to.

So firstly, Melbourne trip! *For those who don't want the details, skip down to the highlights.* Mel and I got a total of 4 hours sleep Thursday night. Because the dvd box set of Veronica Mars Season 1 we ordered arrived (yay! before we left for Melbourne too!) and we just had to watch the last couple of episodes that we haven't seen. Of course, it left on a cliffhanger of a season so now we're busting our asses to try to get season 2 asap. We are not obsessed. Ok back to Melbourne: so we left the house at 5.15am for our 6.30am flight and arrived in Melbourne at 9.05am. Thank God there wasn't daylight savings or we'd be missing out! After checking-in to our hotel (we had some trouble with finding the lifts) we decided to head to Crown and did some window shopping 'coz that's all we could afford really. Then we met up with Lynette in the city, were supposed to meet Jon too but guess he's got a busier social schedule than I will ever have :p. Thanks to Lynette who helped Mel find her jeans. She absolutely loves them to death. We shopped till we dropped. Quite literally. So much so that we couldn't walk back into the city to see Christine and she had to come to us instead! Honestly, we did alot of walking and we felt like we just couldn't take another step. Dinner with Christine was great. Seriously, since leaving Singapore in 1997 we hardly ever see each other (try once every few years) but when we do, it's like we never left. But it was an early night for us since it was an extremely early start to begin with. Saturday we did some shopping with mum and dad (they got in at like 11pm and decided to ring at 12am to let us know they're here) in the morning and ended with hot chocolate at Koko Black. They are the best hot chocolates (thanks to Lynette again) but I think we over did it with chocolate truffles on the side. After that, Mel and I were feeling very sick to the stomach and shopped miserably before meeting Christine and the twins Alison and Rachel. We had lunch and did some shopping again before meeting up with mum and dad for dinner with their friends. Sunday was sad and we had gloomy weather to match our spirits. We would be leaving Melbourne and don't know when our next visit will be. After a quick breakfast with mum and dad we psyched ourselves up for the day ahead and tackled the Queen Victoria markets. Oh yes, our feet still hurt like hell but we just ploughed on anyway. Then we stopped by a really funky cafe/bar for a big breakfast and hot and spicy wedges for lunch. It was good food and even better music. Then on we went to Lygon Street, the museum and exhibition hall before Mel couldn't take the walking any more. So we trammed it to Federation Square where a guy was doing a comedy sketch thing and we decided to leave when it got a little too disturbing. Since we were pretty much all shopped out we decided to hit the high fashion street and peeked in at Gucci, Chanel, all the usual suspects and then ducking in to check out a retro vintage store that had some pretty cool stuff. After all that, we could only drag ourselves back to Crown and rendezvoused with mum and dad at Cafe Greco for tea. They have the best selection of cakes - all yummy :) I wish I could bake like that!! What a way to end our trip, hey.

the highlights:
Melbourne Central so totally rocks! Also loving the Myers Melbourne - wish they have a store like that up here. So jealous. Lynette is still as lovely as ever, it was good catching up again! Christine, I'm on to you and your alter ego...Chris hahaha love the random photo taking tho ;). Alison and Rachel...so grown up and looking more unlike each other than ever! Too bad I couldn't meet with Esther and Pao Wan :'( oh and Jon too. I'm wondering if you've gotten any buffer haha is that even possible??? Tiramisu at Cafe Greco. My fave little lollies from Suga - now I finally know how they make them :) almost getting run over by trams. buying lots of new stuff, with alot of restraint not to go overboard.

I will be putting a link up soon to the photos we took in Melbourne. So if anyone has a suggestion of a good website let me know. At the moment I'm using photobucket but it gives me the shits 'coz my photos are so big! Oh yeah and if Lynette is reading this, I didn't get any photos with you! So it'd be great if you can share with me the photos you took of us :)

No comments: