Friday, September 08, 2006

emo sets the mood

Unless I'm going a hardcore all-out study session, I need something that will distract me from the silent-ness of studying alone.
I like watching dvds but that can get a little too distracting, especially when it gets to the good part.
TV series are my favourite though. For some reason I concentrate better on my work.
But if I'm semi-serious, as in I really need to kick my ass into gear, then music is the best way to go.
And what better music to set the study mood than emo.
R & B just makes me want to go clubbing with the girls.
But the #1 reason why I think emo music goes best with studying: the sad melancholy tunes matches perfectly with my whole attitude for the need to study. Kindda torturous. Unless I totally get it, then I would love to study.

After getting home from my sucky day at uni yesterday, Shikha and I had a 45-min conversation dissecting the derivatives exam.
We couldn't come up for an answer for the payoff diagram.
Everyone we know had a different diagram.
Perfect emo music mood.

No comments: