Saturday, September 16, 2006

A glimpse of the future?

Less than 3 months to graduation.
I still have no job, no plans.
It's only because I'm lazy.
Also, I know I can easily get a boring accounting gig.
But I want an exciting investment banking, go places job.
So I have decided to start my own business.
More of a little side project whilst getting my life together and my CFA qualification.
Will also be applying for internships for the summer hols.
And summer internships in Europe!
Hoping that this will be a good way for me to gain experience and decide if this is the path I want to take for the rest of my life.
I'm not ready to leave the nest yet, figuratively speaking.
I'm not cashed up enough :)
Yes, I do spend too much money on useless material possessions.

It just hit me that I can't expect to do what I've been doing for the past 3 1/2 years - cramming - if I want to get a good overall GPA.
Especially since discovering that I've managed to push it up in the last couple semsters.
So I've decided to keep on top of my work and study a little everyday.
Of course, this comes after I procrastinated and then struggled for my mids.
I hate feeling shitty walking out of an exam.
I also hate the whole head-banging, kicking-yourself feeling when I get the results.
Worse still, I hate the fact that alot of other people do better than me.
The competitive streak coming out.
Too bad it only comes out when results are announced and not before the exam.

No comments: