Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Trust in the Lord...and He will make your paths straight

i struggle to find the words to really describe what i've been through the past few days...
in a word, it's FEAR. another sleepless night, as soon as i fell asleep, i'm awake again. it started getting bright outside and im staring at the ceiling, my eyes hurting from lack of rest. it really hurts me that i might have made you sad. i want to do what is right, but i've been afraid that i have let my guard down. i need to seek You, Lord, and do what is right in Your eyes. so i went to Our Daily Bread and when i read today's (technically, it was yesterday's) passage, something just spoke to me.

Psalm 31
1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
deliver me in your righteousness.
2 Turn your ear to me,
come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge,
a strong fortress to save me.
3 Since you are my rock and my fortress,
for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
4 Free me from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge.
5 Into your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth.
6 I hate those who cling to worthless idols;
I trust in the LORD.
7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
for you saw my affliction
and knew the anguish of my soul.
8 You have not handed me over to the enemy
but have set my feet in a spacious place.

then i remembered what TYQ told me yesterday: WWJWMTD - what would Jesus want me to do? i forgot for awhile to make that my priority. and then suddenly i remembered:
Luke 10:27
He answered: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind"; and, "Love your neighbour as yourself".
Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

digression: could this be what we talked about 2 weeks ago in BMC? Psalm 119:11 - what do we think this means and why should we hide His Word in our hearts?

and the tears that came were not of sadness or being disappointed, but of humbled realisation that He is always there, not just a phone call away (cos sometimes phone calls go unanswered... but that's another topic altoghether *ahem tyq*) but something more powerful - just a simple prayer.

i have so much more to focus on, i have indeed taken on alot this year but i also need to continue growing in my walk - Hebrews 5:12-14. for one, going to services are very important and i need to make an effort in a world where time is never enough.

No comments: