Saturday, February 09, 2008

CNY updates

Happy Chinese New Year!

新年快乐!

my first 2 days were not filled with endless visiting...something I should probably be thankful about!
but i still had a memorable time, happiness coupled with sadness, and lots of food for thought thrown in there.
the eve was spent at my uncle's house for reunion dinner.
the first day was mainly spent lying in bed, coming out only to greet visitors - my uncles and their families and my granny's friends/neighbours.
the second day was hectic...
it started off with 5 hours spent at my granduncle's house, mainly waiting for my auntie who had not shown up by 4pm so my cousin and i decided that we couldn't wait any longer and rushed off.
i went to vivocity and met up with Luke and Nigel, who were in Singapore for a stopover.
we decided to go to Chinatown in search of Chinese food for dinner and i was super glad that the dumplings place we always go to was open!!
needless to say, they enjoyed the food :)
after that we took the train to little india and went to their hotel to pick up their bags before heading to Bugis to catch the train to the airport.
overall, a lovely time catching up and listening to their travel tales...with lots of laughter!!

a day seems like an eternity...

No comments: