Saturday, December 22, 2007

funny daddy

sometimes i forget how funny my dad is....
it's a dry sense of humour, mostly sarcastic and sometimes mean!

last night at dinner, my dad asked me if people in Singapore think i speak Aussie.
somehow my mum came up with the comment that my sister still has her singlish slang when she speaks to us but has an accent when she speaks to her friends.
my sister then argued that my mum does the same as well.
sensing that things might end up hostile, i gave a rendition of my own impression of my mum, then my dad, and then my sister of what they say that is "uniquely Aussie"!
so my dad said something along the lines of my sister speaking like a bird, and he said, "like a sparrow!" my sister, not satisfied, said, "why sparrow? why not bluebird??!!"
then my dad said, "you want to be a bluebird??!!! you know what bluebird is in hokkien???!!!!" which sent my mum into a fit of laughter....

i'll let you figure out what it translates to in hokkien...........

No comments: